BOMBAY DYEING: Will start construction of two commercial
towers, with saleable area of 3 mln sq ft, in Worli in the next few weeks.
* ESSAR SHIPPING: To restructure its business, which entails setting up two
separate listed entities--one for shipping, logistics and oilfield services,
and another for its port operations.
* JSW STEEL: May team up with steel majors to acquire coking coal blocks in
* JUBILANT FOODWORKS: To set up a wholly-owned subsidiary in Sri Lanka.
M&M: Has emerged as the most likely candidate to take over
Korea's SsangYong Motor after Renault-Samsung withdrew from the race.
* MARUTI SUZUKI: Says parent Suzuki Motor Corp may start paying royalty to
the firm once the Japanese firm starts sourcing technology from the company's
research centre in Rohtak.
* ORCHID CHEMICALS: Fortis promoters'-owned Rexcell Pharmaceuticals has sold
part of its stake in the company in two off-market deals struck on National
Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange on Tuesday.
* RAYMOND: Deadlock over compensation for workers at company's Thane unit,
land of which the company proposes to develop into a real estate project,
* RELIANCE INDUSTRIES: May raise over 4500 cr006F by selling treasury shares soon.
* RELIANCE INFRASTRUCTURE: Is planning to set up a joint venture with China's
road developer Jiangsu Provincial Transportation Engineering Group Co to set
implement a highway project in Maharashtra.
* ROHIT FERRO-TECH: Plans a 2-for-5 rights issue of shares at 60 rupees each
to raise 947.6 mln rupees.
* TATA POWER: Government says company concealing funds in Sasan power plant
case. The Bombay High Court allows firm to challenge the Maharashtra State
Load Dispatch Centre's stand against the company in front of the Maharashtra
Electricity Regulatory Commission.
* TATA TELESERVICES: Denies report that Japan's NTT DoCoMo plans stake hike
* VIDEOCON INDUSTRIES: Posted net profit of 1.54 bln rupees in Apr-Jun on
total income of 29.05 bln rupees